Developing a new customer journey and user experience
NHBC is the standard setting body and leading home construction warranty and insurance provider for new and newly converted homes in the UK. It currently insures over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%. Over the course of their history, they have provided warranty for around 7 million or 30% of all homes.
Over time their website had grown organically and had lost sight of the customer journey and user experience. Our brief was to review their existing online homeowner customer journey and make recommendations for improving the website.
Building a rich user experience
The key actions we undertook in this project included:
- Reviewing Customer feedback from the feedback system to identify the pain points of users
- Mapping out the current online homeowner journey, from finding the NHBC website via search or other 3rd party websites through to inner pages or form submissions
- Identifying and communicating the priority scenarios that users experience
- Putting the journey into a sitemap which annotates the options that a user can take
- Documenting journey into one report that can be shared with colleagues
- Identifying the calls to action required on each page of the website
After the review and mapping exercise, we identified 16 different components that could be improved for the customer journey to be enriched with faster access to the relevant information required for the key scenarios identified.
A 32 page report was presented to the Digital Marketing Manager clearly highlighting the recommendations which were very well received. Of the key recommendations, NHBC are now busy incorporating them into the overall web build for that richer user experience needed to ensure they stay as the number 1 warrany provider for new homes in the UK.
– CREATIVE THINKING
– CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAPPING
– PERSONA DEVELOPMENT
– USER EXPERIENCE (UI)– GRAPHIC DESIGN
– DIGITAL PRINT
“Once again, many thanks for your support to date, the digital strategy is exactly what I was looking for and more. We have only had positive feedback from both internal stakeholders and homeowners and we continue to use your recommendations throughout the majority of our website. I really appreciate the quality of your work”.Digital Marketing Manager, National House Building Council